Organization of Caribbean Utility Regulators (OOCUR)
OOCUR INC. is a non-profit organisation, established by an Agreement dated July 26, 2002 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, by the following signatories of utility regulators of the Caribbean:
1. Cosbert Manchester
Board Member of the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority.
2. Justice Frank King, GCM
Chairman of the Fair Trading Commission, Barbados.
3. Winston C. Hay
Director General of the Office of Utilities Regulation, Jamaica.
4. Peter Bethel
Chairman of the Public Utilities Commission, Bahamas.
5. Justice Prem Persaud, CCH
Chairman of the Public Utilities Commission, Guyana.
6. Dr. Patrick Watson
Deputy Chairman of the Regulated Industries Commission, Trinidad & Tobago.
Purpose & Objectives of OOCUR
To assist in the improvement of utility regulation
To foster transparent and stable utility regulation through autonomous and independent regulators in member countries
To undertake research, training and development
To facilitate understanding of regulation issues and sharing of information and experience.
OOCUR Executive Council Members
|Name||Organization & Address||Position||Occupation|
|Ms. Dela Britton||PUC Guyana 106 New Garden St. Georgetown, Guyana||Chairperson||Attorney at Law|
|Mr. Clayton Blackman||RIC Trinidad & Tobago #37 Wrightson Road Port of Spain, Trinidad||Deputy Chairperson||University Lecturer|
|Mr. Ansord Hewitt||OUR Jamaica 3 rd Floor, PCJ Resource 36 Trafalgar Road Kingston 10 Jamaica||Member||Attorney at Law|
|Mrs. Sandra Sealy||FTC Barbados Good Hope” Green Hill St. Michael Barbados||Member||Chief Executive Officer|
|Mrs. Keesha Carty||PUC Anguilla Telecommunications Information Center, Fair Play Commercial Complex The Valley, Anguilla||Member||Attorney at Law|
The General Assembly
This is the governing body where each constituent member is entitled to send three delegates but one vote. The General Assembly is made up of representatives from the following regulators:
- Fair Trading Commission, Barbados
- Independent Regulatory Commission, Dominica
- Office of Utilities Regulation. Jamaica
- Public Utilities Commission, Belize
- Public Utilities Commission, Anguilla
- Public Utilities commission, Guyana;
- Regulated industries commission, Trinidad and Tobago;
- Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority, Bahamas;
- Telecommunications Regulatory Commission, British virgin islands;
- Telecommunications Commission, Turks and Caicos Islands;
- Department of Utilities and Energy, Turks and Caicos Islands;
- Office of Utilities Regulation and Competition, Cayman Islands